12.31.2008

Yet another obsession



I just finished the first season, and w-o-w am I impressed. Absolutely loved it. I am considering an upcoming purchase, because I have to give the season back and I just want to watch it again. However, I read a few episode descriptions for the second/third seasons, and I'm a little wary of pressing onward. You know how TV shows get weird in their old age (look at Smallville, for heaven's sake!) and the episodes later on sound a little...weird. I know I won't know until I see them, but the first season was just so perfect, I don't really want to taint it! I know, I'm weird. I'll prolly end up watching every episode there ever was, but for this moment in time, I'm just savoring the glorious experience that was Season 1.

2 Additional Hiccups:

grburbank said...

Ha ha, I knew this was coming. The first season is great because it has a "simple" and "straightforward" season arc. The problem with the second season was that the writer's strike kind of interrupted everything. Plus, they added more characters and plot lines to a show already saturated in characters and plot lines. The third season struggled with the same issues--and everybody dying and coming back to life at least once--and it just got weird. So I stopped watching.

Valerie said...

Yes, I've pretty much decided to purchase the first season to satisfy the obsession, and to ignore the later seasons. This is the only way I believe I can be satisfied.