3.06.2008

Culinary Experiments

And dangit, I forgot to take a picture like I intended.

Tonight, Dixy Christopher and I made a pizza. Dixy used a family crust recipe (I will see if I can get it later.) Then we smeared on tomato sauce (Dixy was a little disappointed later on when she realized I hadn't spiced it--note for next time.) Then we had a "Mexican blend" of shredded cheese, courtesy of Mom and Costco. Next came some Canadian bacon. Then, for Dixy and I came pineapple chunks, and for Dixy and Chris came mushrooms. All three of us included sliced olives, sliced tomatoes, and chunks of asparagus, with a few leaves of spinach on top. Fortunately, Chris did not add any bananas. Then we sent the cheese-storm over the top of it all.

Baked for about 25 minutes at 350 degrees to a crisp golden brown crust. The whole thing exploded a bit--I would recommend a deeper pan for next time.

It was delicious. The asparagus turned out particularly well (since I've never had it on pizza before.) The crust was excellent, and the whole concoction was delightful. I'm not usually one for "combo" pizza, but this turned out really well. I would definitely recommend the experiment.

0 Additional Hiccups: