4.14.2009

Playing catch-up

I was talking to a friend today about how busy I am making my life. He said, "That's okay, but just remember balance. That's a problem that you struggle with sometimes."

I wanted to take this opportunity to catch you up on some of the activites I've got going on, as well as those that I'm on the verge of.

Tonight I'm going to Taekwondo, which I'm pretty excited about. I didn't get to go last Thursday like I had planned, which is fine, but I'm glad to go back tonight. I am craving TKD and physical activity (which will play again in a moment) and I've missed the TKD community a great deal. So yay!

Also, I'm hoping that tonight will be the night: I'm going to buy a guitar. This makes me exceptionally nervous along with exceptionally excited. I can't wait to start learning.

Tomorrow I"m going to be playing softball on a city league team I just joined. I haven't played in ages so hopefully I don't look like an utter fool. But I'm excited to get out and play.

On Thursday I'll be up in SLC again for a planning committee meeting for the birthparent section of this summer's Families Supporting Adoption conference.

Friday I may be going to either the zoo or an aquarium, pending my friend Chris stepping up to organize the outing. I'm not going to lie. I really love every single one of my friends, but I get really tired of organizing most of our activities. So this time, Chris is in charge. =)

In the midst of all these things, I have lots of other things to do as well. Volunteer work, my new obsession with adoption blogging, writing a novel (in my new Moleskine notebook), stressing about the upcoming Semifinal announcement for ABNA, preparing to teach Sunday school, and hopefully making some kind of handout for visiting teaching (I've been kind of lax in that aspect of my calling), searching for a LBD to wear to Dixy's wedding, and hopefully maintaining x-number of friendships in the meantime.

Oh, and working 40 hours a week.

So yeah, life is busy. I wouldn't have it any other way. Hopefully I don't explode. And hopefully you know that I still love you!

1 Additional Hiccups:

grburbank said...

Balance is something you sometimes struggle with, and I wish you all the luck with that. It is much harder than it sounds.

I love that you put yourself out there and are involved in so many things. I, of course, prefer a life of thoughtful idleness and contemplation, but I sometimes envy your extroversion. Good luck with taekwondo, softball, guitar lessons, and everything else.

I think this is the reason you so often plan our events. You love your friends, you love to be busy, and you love to take charge--to get something done. Chris (as well as myself) sometimes lack your follow-through. Anyway, I hope you do end up doing something this weekend. I, alas, already have plans.

So I downloaded another ABNA SciFi story--one of the most popular with comments and ratings (this was a few weeks ago)--and I couldn't even finish the selection. It was kinda terrible. Yours was much better. So good luck!