12.31.2009

2010

I think 2010 is going to be a good year. It has a nice feel to it. I like numbers that feel whole, solid. Because of our numerical system, 10's will always feel that way to me. So I'm pretty stoked for 2010.

My roommate Anna has started this great tradition that we roommates are going to continue this year. She creates a posterboard for the year and draws out everything she wants to do in the year. It can be serious or silly stuff all mixed together, big and small. I love this. It's more than just New Year's resolutions--it's a checklist of awesomeness.

Some of the things I'm going to put on my poster for 2010 are:

  • Get my second degree black belt!! 9 days!!
  • Go to a rock concert. (Nope, never been. Sad, huh?)
  • Submit at least one of my books to agents and/or publishers.
  • Visit a new country. (Probably the hardest of them all simply for $$$)
  • Start learning the guitar.
  • Go to a college football game. (Nope, never been. Grady thinks that's REALLY sad, lol.)
  • And of course, write a book. Gotta do that every year now.

There will be more, as I think of them. But I think it's a pretty good start for this awesome-sauce year of 2010. And tonight, it's downtown SLC for fun and games. =)

1 Additional Hiccups:

grburbank said...

I think I'll enjoy 2010 as well. I like your posterboard and think it's a nice, manageable list of great things that will keep you busy throughout the year. Good luck with everything.

Happy New Year!