12.26.2007

Lack of Motivation

The other side of Christmas is a lot less exciting than the road up to it. It's always been that way, it always will be, but this year there's a few more things adding onto the sensation.

I need a job. Fact. I want a theatre job, stage managing anywhere that is not Utah. Those are a lot harder to come by than I'm prepared to admit, especially considering my resume. But how on earth are people supposed to add to their resume if approximately no one will hire them? I hate the world.

Money, blah. I just don't want to live at my parents' house any longer than I have to. I love my parents. I love them dearly. I enjoy spending time with them, I enjoy staying at their home. On vacation. It's not the same when you're living there. And in another week or so, it won't be vacation anymore, it'll be living here, and that's not good.

Christmas was good. I spent Christmas Eve with my birthfather and our extended family. Christmas morning was a quiet affair with my family. I got books and movies, mostly, which is what I wanted. I read "Ender's Game" in the space of 24 hours. We spent most of Christmas day with my Uncle Frank's family, and we all went to see "I Am Legend" with Will Smith. It was an interesting story, but I don't think I'd watch it again. We saw it in IMAX, and it was huge and loud.

I just feel unmotivated. I keep putting off things I know I need to do--figure out what to do about math, some grad school stuff, bills. I want to write, but the muse seems to have abandoned me. I must get her back.

0 Additional Hiccups: