12.28.2007

A point of clarification

I guess I need to clarify: I have nothing against marriage. In fact, I would be quite up for some dating and maybe even a serious relationship, if the right guy came along, It's the expectation that drives me up the way. My mom telling me about nice RMs she meets. My aunts asking if I'm seeing anyone. My grandma telling me she wants to see some grandbabies before she goes. My grandfather telling me to get a move on. My friends commiserating and telling me that "he's bound to come along one of these days."

There is an expectation in my culture; sometimes I resent it. Other times I find it amusing, sometimes I despair. As I established at the reception last night, I am quite happy as a person, but I coat it with a healthy layer of cynicism. And I tell you what--there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

0 Additional Hiccups: