2.23.2008

Home


Last night, driving home from Provo with Dixy, we crested the point of the mountain and looked out over the Salt Lake Valley. "I love Salt Lake, it's so huge," said Dixy. "Yeah," I breathed. "Me too.

It's not quite what I envisioned for myself, true. I pictured myself living in downtown Chicago or DC. I pictured myself taking the Metro or the L to the theatre every day, working long crazy hours with barely enough time to breathe. I pictured myself as a city girl.

But after weeks of a different life, I'm finding that I like it here. I really do love Salt Lake. You would not believe the difference, even from Orem and Provo to here. Everything is so close, an adventure is always five minutes away. I'd find them, if I got out of the house more. :) The possibilities are slowly opening to me. I can do anything.

This week, I bought two pairs of scrub bottoms. Living in a household of nurses, it's no wonder that they're rubbing off on me. (You want more of this story, just ask me about Phlebotomy. Yesterday Dixy and I got out to do a bunch of things--we went shopping, we drove around, and then we ended up going to Provo for sushi and bowling. Yesterday was a great day. I dubbed my red scrubs my "Scrubs of Infinite Possibility." I honestly felt that wearing them, I could do anything. :) But it's not the scrubs--it's me.

Life has been pretty poopy the last two months. There have been good points, sure. But overall, I've felt rather directionless and idle. No theatre, no joy. But I'm slowly discovering that there are other avenues. Real life doesn't have to be dull and empty--I just have to find something to fill it. And here, in Salt Lake City, in my Scrubs of Infinite Possibility, with friends and family supporting me and the drive to move forward with my life--I will find those things.

0 Additional Hiccups: