4.10.2008

Day 2 Adventures

My Facebook status currently reads: Valerie decided that babies and old people are scary.

Today I drew from an old lady (we're talking at least 90), with the teeniest veins I've ever seen. You can SEE them all, of course, because they're right there on the surface, but they were sooooo small. Anyway, so I get my butterfly and syringe, and I'm about to poke her, when she jerks her arm away--so I totally miss her vein with the needle, and then as I stick her, she yelps in my face. It scared me so bad, I thought I would have a heart attack!

I let my supervisor stick her the second time.

Note to all--don't jerk or thrash when someone is about to stick you with a needle. This just makes it more painful, and inevitably they'll just have to stick you again, and probably hold you down this time. Oh, and don't scream. It scares the person holding the sharp pointy thing.

Yay for phlebotomy adventures! Wonder what Day 3 has in store?!

0 Additional Hiccups: