4.08.2008

Tag

I've been tagged by my friend Laura on her blog. Rules are:

1. Pick up the nearest book (at least 123 pages)
2. Turn to page 123
3. Find the 5th sentence
4. Post the 5th sentence on your blog
5. Tag 5 people


The nearest book was "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" which I just finished reading (again). On page 123, the fifth sentence reads:

'I like this song,' said Luna, swaying in time to the waltz-like tune, and a few seconds later she stood up and glided on to the dance floor, where she revolved on the the spot, quite alone, eyes closed and waving her arms.

Not nearly as profound as Laura's, but what can you do? Although, it reminds me strongly of the ten-minute play Mara Lefler wrote last fall--it was about two women discovering their identities by dancing alone. I wish I could remember what it was called.

And in case you're confused (not that I expect anyone to double-check me on this) that would be page 123 of the European adult edition, which I borrowed from my roommate Nat.

Let's see...I tag Gregory, Sarah LaRue, DixyAnn (you can use your Myspace blog), Christopher, and Jen. If any of you even read this. :)

1 Additional Hiccups:

L. Webb said...

Whatever, that could be totally profound! Mine was a default, because it's not like you can't say that President Hinkley's writing WASN'T profound!

Anyway, lets look at this, it's Luna and she's dancing- well, gliding. She's alone and she's happy! I can't understand that. She is truly a remarkable woman, as strange as she might be. She's not afraid to be herself and she has loyal qualities that many people lack these days. Luna has the ability to accept her life, herself, and others around her. We should all try to be like Luna in some ways!

Val, I love ya!