5.06.2008

Dude...not cool.

At Sea World last Monday, I got sunburnt.



This photo should help demonstrate--please observe the lines, the redness. Oh yes, very burnt.

Here we are, over a week later, and it still hurts. My arms are a lot better (although still peeling) but the burn on my chest is still excruciatingly painful.

Now, it's my own fault. I take full responsibility. I didn't put on sunscreen, and I wanted to get burnt--just not this bad. Besides the fact that I thought we had aloe vera with us at the time. Nope. And there was none to be found at the grocery store or the little hotel store. You'd think, in sunny California of all places, that they would have loads of the stuff. Nope. None.

But I would also think, a week later, that it would have gone away by now. That upon coming home, I would be able to relax and put some goo on it that would help. But alas, poor unfortunate soul that I am, the curse of Sea World is still upon me, and it makes me angry.

Word to the wise: wear sunscreen. Your potential tan just isn't worth it.

1 Additional Hiccups:

Ms. La Rue said...

Hey... it's just like that song...