5.14.2008

Juno

I have a great deal of blogging to catch up on--I took notes while in Moab this weekend. Oh yes, many fun and funny stories to re-experience about the camping trip. But those will save for another day, hopefully when I am more awake.

In the meantime, however, I want to laud the virtues of the movie "Juno"

First of all, its a successful Sundance film. I'm trying to determine what it is exactly about them that I can sense. There's definitely something. After the movie, my mom said, "It's a Sundance film" and I said "I know", though I hadn't really thought about it until that moment. Food for further thought.

Secondly, it has a strange, quirky, and totally lovable protagonist, who does nothing you expect her to and everything you want her to. I'm in script love.

Thirdly (and almost most importantly) it has Allison Janney in it. And, as a bonus, you also get the lovely Jennifer Garner in an odd but nevertheless lovely role.

And Fourthly, its just plain heartwarming. Sometimes my mother surprises me with what her Netflix sends home, but this one was actually one we all--my father included--rather enjoyed. It made me cry on several separate occasions. I'm about to go watch it a second time (before it gets sent back to Netflix) and see if it can do it again even though I know what happens.

See you tomorrow (I hope) with the Road Trip blog (and pictures!)

0 Additional Hiccups: