2.19.2009

Proof Ecstasy

This was a free proof copy courtesy of Create Space, which was the prize for completing the National Novel Writing Month back in November. After polishing it (mostly for the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award, but who's complaining) I submitted for my free proof copy. You have no idea how ecstatic I was to receive my package this morning, and I had to have Cindy with me before I could open it. It doesn't really mean anything, except that I have a copy of my book. But it makes me immensely happy for some obscure writerish reason.

Behold!*







*I apologize for the poor quality of my photos, I couldn't wait to get home to take them with my camera, so these are on-the-spot cell phone cam pics. Can you really blame me, though?

3 Additional Hiccups:

Ms. La Rue said...

Congratulations! That is wonderful and exciting and spectacular! I'm so proud to know you!

grburbank said...

This is so amazing! To have a physical edition of your own work (that you didn't have to bind yourself!). Congratulations!

Bri said...

Please allow me to say: Ooooooooooh! Ahhhhhhhhhhh! Such a shiny cover! I get goosebumps looking at your name on the title page! I'm very happy for you. I can imagine how much work you've put into it, and I'm sure that it feels wonderful to finally have a copy of it in book form. Love you lots!