2.16.2009

Games

I'm a trifle disappointed this evening, only because there were some members of my FHE group who did not enjoy Mao, which is my new favorite game, introduced to me by the Haycocks. I'm surprised by how many people I meet who have played it before. And I tried to lead my FHE group in this game, and it only lasted one round because some of the young men simply wouldn't cooperate. I suppose they thought they were being funny. Not that I don't like these boys, but I was disappointed all the same. I try to at least show a modicum of enthusiasm for things my friends like to do. I mean...isn't that common courtesy?

3 Additional Hiccups:

Unknown said...

Yeah, I'd have to agree with you! But honestly I'm TOTALLY excited that you love that game! I knew there was a reason we were friends! But for real, we have to have a game night, I told Cheri about it so its totally on! YAY! Your so amazing and wonderful! I'm so glad we are friends!

grburbank said...

To be honest, I'm very indifferent about Mao. But I do love you! And it is nice to at least try things your friends like.

JosephJ said...

Sounds akin to when I was an LDS missionary and some folks would be utterly disinterested in something I had my heart into. Games fit the mold of something people expect to bring them pleasure, and they bring pre-conceived notions. Convincing folks that a game is fun is pretty tough because THEY have to get into it. Especially Mao.

I used to play Mao in like 96-97 with friends in High School. I don't think I ever attained permission to lead a game, though. My mentors were VERY strict.