9.16.2009

Good News Bad News extensive version

Domestic Dork

The good news...

  • My crazy financial situation for Taekwondo has been resolved to everyone's satisfaction. No more stressing about THAT.
  • I'm going to assist in a new tkd class today--advanced childrens. Should be fun!
  • I now have 3/4 reference people for my grad school application.
  • My black belt report is done, turned in, signed sealed delivered.
  • This weekend should be really fun--roller skating date, and lazer tag with my ward, and more. I'm excited.
  • I will be competing in a tournament in October, and I'm stoked. I haven't competed since August 2006. Should be an adventure!
  • My flights for PA are purchased--I'll be flying into Philadelphia, a city of my heart. I can't wait!
  • I've been WRITING for the first time in WEEKS. Writing makes me happy. So do my random characters, who are never what I expect them to be.

The bad news...

  • My shoulder still really hurts. It's been like two and a half weeks now. Grr...
  • I'm going to assist in a new tkd class today...and every Wednesday...and I'm starting to feel the pinch of NO free time AT ALL. Not sure I had that hour to give...
  • I still need to decide on 1 last person to send a reference letter for my grad school application.
  • I STILL need to write my Liberal Arts statement for my grad school application.
  • I'm reaching a point of burn-out that I need to address before I explode...but I can't find the time!
  • My parents are in Washington for at least a week, and I will miss them. *sigh*

Check out the Domestic Dork for more bloggy goodness!

1 Additional Hiccups:

grburbank said...

Sounds like you're making progress. Congrats on being the keynote speaker--that's awesome! And any excuse to get you to Philly is wonderful.

You need to take care of your shoulder and hand NOW. Do it.

And you need to slow down, breathe, and relax--I know you love to be super busy and you thrive off stress, but we don't want you to burn-out or suffer a nervous breakdown. So maybe once your application is in, call in sick and spend a whole day doing NOTHING productive--sleep-in and just read novels and/or watch television and then sleep some more--and eat really unhealthy food. It'll be good for you.

HUGS