1.10.2008

Contentment

On the way home from Dixy's house tonight, I got caught up in this really reflective mood. As I passed Lehi, I couldn't help staring at the temple. You can see it for half of the valley. I had already been contemplating driving somewhere, because that was the mood I was in, so I took a detour and drove up to the temple.

Life's a little better. No less confusing, no less stressful, no less distressing in both its fullness and its lacks, but it's better. I'm content tonight, for the first time in ages.

Everything's going to be okay. I'll get a job eventually, and the right one. I'll get married in my own good time, to the right guy, at the right time and place. It's not complacency, don't fear. Just contentment.

Looking at the eternal perspective has a way of making everything seem okay. Definitely better.

0 Additional Hiccups: