1.16.2008

Presidential Primary

Last night I went to an informational/volunteer meeting supporting Utah For Obama. There was a big crowd (a lot bigger than I expected for a democratic campaign in UTAH, early in the primaries). We spent the first hour talking about how to support the Barack Obama campaign, in the Nevada caucus this weekend, and just here in Utah. Making phone calls. Talking to people. Door-to-door canvassing. A presence at Sundance this weekend. Making more phone calls. We talked about Barack Obama too--the talking points, and also his politics, him as a presidential candidate. Then, we sat down to watch the Democratic Presidential Debate, from Las Vegas. Seriously good stuff.

My friends: I don't care if you care about politics or not. This is seriously--trust me--a historic year for politics. I don't care if you are Republican, Democratic, or Independent. If you're a Republican, I don't care who you vote for. ;) But the primaries are coming up, and they ARE important, and I want you--as my friends--to go out and vote. If you are in Utah, the primary is on February 5th, in your local precinct voting area. If you are not registered to vote, you still can, you just have to go to your county clerks office to register, you can't mail it in. Also, you can--right now!--request an absentee ballot, which can be postmarked any time up until Feb. 1. If you have other questions, ASK ME, or google it or whatever. Just please--please you guys, come on!--go vote in the primaries. This is important, and you will be proud to be a part of it.

Incidentally, check out Barack Obama. He is a strong candidate--he has good politics, good ideas, and a great capacity to bring people together in way that nobody else has. If change is going to come in our system, Obama is most likely to bring it. Just go watch his videos and read his issue ideas, and see what you think. That's all I ask. BarackObama.com

0 Additional Hiccups: