1.24.2008

Top Friends

MYSPACE. It used to be bigger in my life, but Facebook has almost completely replaced it. I check Myspace maybe once a day, just to see if I have any messages or anything new. There's just a lot more to do on Facebook, a lot more people, and less crap.

I sometimes criticize people in my head for caring about the "Top Friends" feature on Myspace. You get to list your "top" however-many friends. But sometimes I catch myself caring whether I'm a top friend. Especially when I move in rank. I catch myself analyzing why I moved--especially if I'm moving down. Is it important? No. But it might indicate something that is important.

I think it's a statement about our society. Flirting happens via Superpoke on Facebook. You know that you're broken up when your significant other changes their relationship status. Some socializing happens only via Myspace or Facebook. And this is not abnormal. It happens every day.

So maybe it does matter. But should it? I don't know. What a silly way to handle relationships! But that's life today.

2 Additional Hiccups:

Tashur Raquel said...

really? its the other way around for me.
i hate facebook, its too much going on. Im frequently on mysapce

Valerie said...

Either way, cyberspace rules the world!