1.11.2008

Freaking Oooouuuuutt!!!!

As I sit here in my chair, I appear to have been stood up for the second time by the Production Stage Manager of PCPA Theatrefest. We were supposed to have an interview before Christmas, it didn't work out, so we rescheduled. And now it appears to have happened again.

Do I mind? I'm not sure.

I have another interview scheduled this afternoon with a theatre in Chicago, as an SM, not a peon. We'll see how it goes, or if I get stood up.

Here's the thing: I really want the job I interviewed for on Tuesday. They told me they'd get back "in a couple days", whatever that means. It's been three days, I haven't heard from them. I sent a confirmation email this morning, just saying, "Hey, what's up, are you going to call or what?" but you know, in polite-speak. I know that despite my best efforts, I did get my hopes up about this one. I didn't want to be disappointed, yet again. But I do, really, truly, actually want this job, more than any I have applied or interviewed for.

So obviously, it's with a little less than full enthusiasm that I'm interviewing today. I mean...these jobs would be cool too, they're just not what I really want right now. And with the other job still up in the air...it's hard to be that sad about being stood up again.

Who knows what will happen?

0 Additional Hiccups: